Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A night to remember...

I remember a time when I was very sure of myself. I knew who I was, what I was doing and who I wanted to be when I grew up.

I remember confidence, and trusting myself.

I remember believing myself when I said, "I can do this."

I remember still liking myself even once I realized that I couldn't.

I remember that crying gives me an excruciating headache. Although, I remembered that one a little too late this time.

I remember why I love him.

I remember that kitties don't care why you're upset, as long as you pet them. And their fur is very absorbent.

I don't quite remember why I'm doing this, but I remember that there was a very good reason which, once I remember it, will hopefully help more than make things worse.

I remember that a lot of people have it worse than I do, and in the grand scheme, my problems are incredibly small. That doesn't help at all, naturally.

I remember that I'm not stupid. Most of the time.

I remember the words to "Jabberwocky", and somehow that seems like a good thing to think about.

I remember that I'm not alone, and people do care about me.

I remember where I stashed that chocolate bar - and I remember just in time that I'm out of Malox, so I'll save that one for now.

I remember that the best accomplishments are the ones we fight hard for, and although that seems like a pretty tired cliché, I think it's going to have to suffice for now.

No comments: